Software Developer – Full Stack Intern
Kiese is a construction software company working with clients in the US and Canada. We are looking for a Software Developer – Full Stack Intern who is passionate about working with startups, wants to grow with us, and will be an essential asset to our team. If you love problem solving, coming up with new solutions, and working with a fun team, then you are the right candidate.
We are looking for a software developer to join us in the design, building, testing, and deployment of new products and features. The ideal applicant will be organized, ambitious, hardworking, self-motivated, and have good communication skills. You’ll be working with our team to develop high-quality products that are scalable, testable, and extensible and provide high value to our customers. As a key member of the development team, you will work closely with the product managers to define and execute our vision and values.
Primary duties include:
- Assist in developing, testing, maintaining and deploying a modern full-stack web application
- Design and build new features, perform code reviews
- Collaborate with internal team members/stakeholders to formulate software solutions
- Identify and resolve software bugs, performance issues
- Ability to work on different layers of the application stack including (front-tier, middle-tier, and backend)
- Work on developing integrations to our platform
- Build bots for web data scraping
- Create automation features for the platform using AI
- Help with competitive analysis & market research to find new features to address customer pain points and develop features
- Experience in full-stack web application development
- Solid understanding of frontend technologies including HTML5, CSS3, JS, JQuery, Bootstrap
- Experience in modern/reactive frontend web frameworks such as Vue.Js, Angular, React.js
- Experience in server-side programming languages such as Node, C#, Java
- Experience in relational database systems such as MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Knowledge in cloud computing services (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Experience working in Linux/Unix operating systems
- Experience working in source control toolsets.
- Experience with extracting data to analyze
- Experience in artificial intelligence (forecasting) & data science is a plus
- Good understanding of object-oriented principles and design patterns
- Comfortable working under uncertainty
- Post-secondary graduates and Undergraduate Students pursuing degrees in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
Reports to: CTO and Engineering Director
Expected Start Date: September 13, 2021
Job Type: Part-time
Compensation: $16 – $18/hr
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Hours of work: 10 – 20 hours per week
Must be legally allowed to work in the US (OPT are welcome)
Posted - 09/03/2021
We are builders, programmers, software developers, and innovators who love construction! We believe that construction technology should be developed in collaboration with the people working in the industry, and should be available to the entire industry, and not just the top tier construction companies. This is why we founded Kiese Technologies to create technologies that will advance the construction industry, in collaboration with the industry experts, at a cost that will make it accessible to the entire industry.